August 15, 2013

Labor Story Part I

Sunday afternoon, the 14th, I started getting contractions. Well they were about 3 mins apart consistent for 5 hrs.  They were getting somewhat worse, and the more I walked the worse they got. So I called the hospital and we headed there hoping I am going into labor.  We get to the hospital and I go into Triage, pee in a cup, blah blah blah all that fun stuff.  Long story short, 3 hours later they told me to go home. No change in dialation etc. Im like these darn contractions hurt and they said they were just Braxton hicks.  So they sent me home with a sleeping pill pretty much.

Thursday morning, July 18th, , I woke up bright and early.  Daddy and I headed to my very last baby doctors appointment. 9am we got there and I went into my appointment.

*Background INFO*
My mom was scheduled to go into surgery Monday the 22nd, my actual due date was the 21st. So we definetly wanted my mom to be their at the birth so we were trying everything to get me to go into labor. NOTHING WORKED. But anywho, she was scheduled to surgery for exploratory surgery and a hysterectomy.  She has been diagnosed with a second cancer within her abdomen.  She didn’t get out of the hospital until the following Tuesday.

So, I go in and talk to my doctor and tell her what is going on, how I really want my mom there and is there anything we can do. Membrane strip for a second time, inducement etc.  She said I was dilated at 3 CM and 75 effacement. So she said lets to a strip and hope you go into labor naturally today but if you don’t, Ive scheduled you to be induced at 6am tomorrow morning. (Gah I LOVE my doctor)

Now I did NOT want to be induced by any means bc of the risks and def higher risks of a C Section.  But I was going to do what I had to do in order for my mom to be there.

So after that we leave my doctors appointment, mom reschedules all her pre-op appointments for today (Thursday) bc Im going to be induced at this point on tomorrow (Friday). Dad and I go to a couple stores, get a couple dog treats for my babies and head home. At 11:45 am I’m dropping my dad off at his house, I get out of the car and I feel just this small gush of fluid. I’m like what the heck is that? I KNOW I did NOT just pee myself. LOL.  So I ask my mom what the heck that was bc I didn’t know if it was or wasn’t my water. She said call my Doc. And Yes, my water did brake. So I call my doc tell her what just happened and she said yep go to the hospital see you in a bit!

So I text my hubby and say “My water just broke”
All he says in “Okay”.. He thought I was totally joking.
Long story short, he heads home, and we go to the hospital.
After sitting in triage for 2 hours at 3:30 pm, long enough for them to do a test to see if my water actually broke I was finally admitted to Labor and Delivery. Now it was like as soon as I was admitted the contractions definitely started to kick in hardcore. 

Labor and Delivery Part II to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what all of you sweet girls have to say. I read each and every comment and try to resond to them as well. If you have any thing you would like to say no in a comment, you can always email me at