January 11, 2012

Guest Post

Hi Everyone! My name is Cait and I blog over at Fit, Fierce and Fabulous. I blog about several different things on my blog including exercise tips, eating healthy, shopping, spending time with my girlfriends, family and fiance as well as planning our wedding that's happening in less then 6 months! I'm so excited to be guest posting (and being the first one!) on Samanatha's blog! How fabulous is this girl! ;) Anywhooo let me share a little somethin' I've been cooking up! While my fiance and I are not actually living together right now (we live in separate states while I am finishing up Graduate School back at home), I'm trying to be a good "soon to be" wife and trying new recipes in the kitchen. I have been on a baking kick the last few days. One of my favorite and easy recipes that I found on Pinterest lead me running to my kitchen to find the necessary ingredients to make Brown Sugar Blondies.
Although I was sad to not be able to find any colorful M&M's I decided to swap it out with some of my personal favorite sweets...Ghiradelli Chocolate (and in this girls case DOUBLE chocolate!)
So here is what you need
1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/8 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup butter 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 egg 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M's (I substituted for Geordeli chocolate chips) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. Cool slightly. Add egg (beaten) and vanilla and blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well. Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's. Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M's on top. 
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
I must say they turned out pretty tasty! The chocolate chips are a huge hit and make each bite extra chocolaty!!  Off to see what else I can bake! Oh and feel free to stop by my blog! I love having new comments and meeting new bloggers like yourself! Thanks for having me Samantha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what all of you sweet girls have to say. I read each and every comment and try to resond to them as well. If you have any thing you would like to say no in a comment, you can always email me at samanthaflanders@live.com
xoxo
Samantha